Exploring the history of Japanese beer
This is Japan’s only museum dedicated to beer, which explores the long history of Sapporo Beer, passed down from the days of the 1876 Kaitakushi business.
*Hokkaido Brewery (Eniwa, Hokkaido) is a separate facility located in a different location.
- We don't serve alcohol drinks for minors(under 20 years old)
- You may be asked to present a proof of ID in order to verify your age.
- Note that if we discover a minor (under 20 years old) consuming alcohol, or a chaperone who tacitly allowed a minor to consume alcohol, we will report it to the authorities.
- If you are a driver or designated driver (includes bicycles, motorcycles, and automobiles) or pregnant or breastfeeding, you may select from a non-alcoholic beer or a soft drink. Driving under the influence of alcohol is prohibited by law.
- Please do not enter if you have a fever or are unwell.
Free Tour (Free of Charge)
You can freely visit the exhibition spaces on the 3rd and 2nd floors of the building.
The facility features a range of historic items dating throughout the history of Sapporo Beer and grouped by era.
- 15-20 minutes
Use of the Star Hall (for paid tastings) after your tour completes is limited to thirty minutes.
- Open Hours
- 11:00 AM-6:00 PM（Last admission 5:30 PM）
- Free of charge
- No limit
- Visiting Method
You can visit without a reservation. Please take the elevator to the 3rd floor and proceed on the tour route.
〈Visitors from Travel Agencies, School Groups, Social Welfare and Care Facilities〉
Please fax (011-741-9961) the date, time, group name, and number of visitors in advance.
If you are coming from overseas, please indicate your nationality.
- Please Note
- ・On days when the facility is closed, only self-guided tours are possible (except for December 31st and temporary closures).
- ・Please be aware that on closed days, premium tours, paid tastings, and phone reservations are not possible.
Premium Tour (Paid Guided Tour)
Participation in tours requires an advance reservation, so we ask that those who wish to participate make a reservation through the “Application” link below.
Our impactful 6K theater is where a dramatic visual retelling of our history unfolds, and our brand communicators will be on hand to guide you.
After the tour, participants can enjoy a tasting of Sapporo Beer Kuro Label, a delicious recreation of one of the original brews from the firm’s founding days.
Bookings can be made using the button at the bottom of the page.
- 50 minutes
- Start Time
*Please complete registration by at least ten minutes prior to the tour start time.
*Please note that the number of times the tour will be held may differ on certain dates. Please check the reservation page for details.
Every Monday (or on Tuesday if Monday is a holiday), year-end/New Year, irregular closings.
※Premium Tours are not conducted on closed days.
- 20 people
Adults: 1000 JPY; middle school age through age 19, 500 JPY; elementary school age and under: free
【About the Audio Guide Devices】
For participants in the premium tour, we have prepared audio guide devices in English and Korean.
The usage fee is an additional 500 yen per device.
If you would like to use one, please inform the receptionist on the day of your tour.
- Tasting includes: one drink each of Sapporo Beer Draft Kuro Label and Fukkoku Sapporo Beer
- IPlease refrain from taking glasses home with you.
- Note that applications will no longer be accepted once the tour reaches maximum capacity.
- Please have cash ready for payment.
- The Premium tour is conducted eintirely in Japanese.
- We cannot accept changes to your party or scheduled time on the day of a tour.
- Same-day tour reservations are not accepted via phone.
- Please contact us if you have to cancel.
- We do not accept phone reservations on closed days.
Star Hall (Paid Tasting Corner)
The customers are permitted to tour inside the building in one way.Please refrain from the use of the Star Hall only.
Savor fresh-brewed beer shipped direct from the Sapporo Breweries Hokkaido Brewery and the Sapporo Kaitakushi Brewery. Try various brews like the Hokkaido exclusive Sapporo Classic, the Sapporo Draft Kuro Label, which has been beloved for 40 years, and the Kaitakushi Beer, which continues to be produced by the Kaitakushi Brewery in Sapporo in the same place it was originally founded.
- Sapporo Draft Beer Kuro Label: 400 JPY
- Hokkaido exclusive: Sapporo Classic: 400 JPY
- Kaitakushi Beer: 450 JPY
- Three drink tasting set: 1000 JPY
- Non-alcoholic beer: 200 JPY
- Soft drinks: 200 JPY
Hours: 11:00 AM-6:00 PM (bar closes at 4:00 PM)
*Please understand in advance that usage time of Star Hall is limited to 30 minutes.
*Please refrain from taking glasses home with you.
*Regarding the tasting salon, it is unavailable on days when the facility is closed.
Here you will find a wide variety of exclusive Sapporo Beer merchandise and snacks. You can also purchase Hokkaido Brewery direct beers, Kaitakushi Beer, and other delicacies.
The shop is open to all. Please do not hesitate to stop by.
Hours：11:00 AM-7:30 PM
*Regarding the shop, it is open even on days when the facility is closed, except for December 31st.
Restaurants and other facilities
Genghis Khan Hall
Select from Genghis Khan, which has become popular nationwide for being as healthy as it is delicious, or other luxurious Hokkaido specialties, all presented in a unique and stylish hall for your enjoyment.
All tables are equipped with smokeless induction heat roasters. Enjoy fresh lamb and crab tableside.
In addition, the menu includes a variety of dishes featuring cheese, potatoes, seasonal seafood, and other fresh Hokkaido ingredients. Marvel at the red brick facade as you see the four seasons unfold out the windows and experience a refined moment.
This subdued hall looks out on a red brick facade.
The main course at Lilac is the Genghis Khan dish featuring our secret sauce. We also have a rich selection of items on our a la carte menu.
Sapporo Beer Garden Summary
- Address: 9-2-10 Kitananajo-Higashi, Higashi-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido, 065-0007
- Bookings & inquiries
- Telephone: 0570-098-346 Fax: 011-742-0521
Note that telephone support is offered in Japanese only.
- Open year-round (excluding December 31)
- Total spaces
- 2,400 seats (maximum banquet occupancy: 1,000 (when seated))
- Parking lot
- 180 spaces
Transit directions and business hours
- Kita 7-jo, Higashi 9-chome 1-1, Higashi-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido,065-0007
- 11:00AM～6:00PM（Last admission 5:30 PM）
- Every Monday (or on Tuesday if Monday is a holiday), year-end/New Year, irregular closings
*On days when the museum is closed, only free tours are permitted. (except December 31 and temporary closing days)
- Telephone: 011-748-1876
Please verify that you are dialing the correct number.
Note that telephone support is offered in Japanese only.
Approx. 10 minute walk from Higashi-Kuyakusho-Mae Station on the Toho Subway Line.
Disembark from the JR Hakodate Main Line at Naebo Station; 8 minute walk from North Exit.
Click here for details on transfers, rail lines, and timetables (Yahoo! transit page)
Reaching us by bus
Sapporo Station North Exit (Platform 2)
Board the Naebo Kitaguchi Line [Higashi 63] (link to outside site) at Sapporo Station North Exit and get off at Kita 8-jo 8-chome (approx. 2 departures per hour)
or (direct route) board the Sapporo Beer Garden/Ario Line  (link to outside site) and get off at Sapporo Beer Garden (approx. 2-3 departures per hour).
Click here for a route map of the SAPPORO Factory Line (Hokkaido Chuo Bus), which links Sapporo Station, the SAPPORO Factory, and the Sapporo Beer Museum.
Sapporo Station South Exit
Board the Chuo Bus Sapporo Beer Garden/Factory Line [Loop 88] (link leads to outside site) at Sapporo Eki-mae (to south of Tokyu Department Store) and
get off at Sapporo Beer Garden (departures occur at intervals of approx. 20 minutes).
Reaching us by car
Please note that if you are traveling by car, you will not be permitted to consume alcohol. We will provide soft drinks in lieu of alcohol.
Applying for tours
Sapporo Beer Museum
Address:Kita 7-jo, Higashi 9-chome 1-1, Higashi-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido,065-0007
Holidays：Every Monday (or on Tuesday if Monday is a holiday), year-end/New Year, irregular closings
*Located in a separate facility from the Sapporo Beer Hokkaido Brewery(Eniwa City). Note that these two facilities are in different locations. Please check details before your visit.
- Note that there are no beer brewing facilities within the museum.